Saturday, June 18, 2011

It keeps going, and going, and...

It's been a month since I've posted, which means another month of not shampooing. It's been so hot that I have a hard time not letting my hair just hang dry, instead I keep wanting to pull it back in a ponytail. I've been unhappy with it lately because it get's a freaking ponytail mark in it because of my impatience and inability handle the hair on my face and neck!

I got myself an aloe plant start which has already split, and as soon as I feel confident that it's going to do really well I'm going to experiment with using it in my hair. I was also reminded by a friend about putting mayonnaise in my hair as a conditioner. I hope to try that as well. I can tell my hair is getting longer but I just can't stand the frizz.

One of the hardest things so far this summer has been dealing with pool hair and with sweat-head. I really feel like a true shampoo and good conditioning would do wonders for my hair after a busy hot day outside followed by a dip in the pool. But, I'm dealing.

At this point I'm kind of not sure what my goal is, to be honest. I can tell the overall condition of my hair is better but it is just so frizzy. Also, I just want the clean, invigorating feel a shampoo gives me sometimes. I am going to continue for now but don't have high hopes of this lasting forever. It just seems like a fad... though I'm surprised I've lasted this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment