Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yes, Please

So, I used the coconut oil! Many thoughts abound.

Firstly, here is a picture of my hair, 10 hours after baking soda washing, apple cider vinegar (with rosemary and mint leaves soaking in it) rinsing, and coconut oiling:

As you can see, it looks overly-moisturized. Here're my thoughts: After my twice-weekly wash (see above) I toweled my hair lightly, then stuck three fingertips into the yummy-smelling coconut oil. I ended up with probably 1/2 teaspoon, if I have to guess, and I rubbed it into my palms until it softened quite a bit, then I rubbed it into the ends of my hair. It glided into my hair very smoothly and it was like I could feel the flyaways sucking back into each other so as not to be, well, flying away. It was amazing. I plopped my hair with a T-shirt of my hsuband's (which I haven't done in forever, and also haven't mentioned, so here are awesome, illustrated directions) and let it set for a few minutes. After I shook it out I thought it smelled amazing, and it looked pretty cool (though still wet), too. My husband said it still smelled like vinegar, but I think I'm immune to it. I will say that lately when I've been vinegar-rinsing I have not been rinsing out said vinegar... I rinse with the vinegar, comb it while I'm still in the shower, set my part, and get out. 

Throughout the day I really did think it looked all right, just like I'd used some gel. It had the 'wet look' to it, if you know what I mean. I liked it, and as the day wore on it smelled better and better (remember, ACV loses it's strong scent as it dries), and it actually felt dry but moisturized to the touch.

I guess I maybe used too much oil, which is a good lesson to learn because now I know I can save a little more money by using lesson. I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment