Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 7: Uncertainty...

I wanted to at least get my hair wet today because it's just starting to be really shapeless. Or actually, too shapely. It isn't straight and it isn't as curly as my hair is naturally. I think I really need a trim. And not putting anything in my hair to help shape the curl is making me feel less confident about it. I need to look into what I can put in it that will help the curls form.

So I did a little researching to see what else makes a good rinse for hair, and a few days ago I saw on a message board that some people use chamomile tea... so of course I tried it. I steeped 3 bags of chamomile in 24 ounces of water and let it cool.  I did a water only wash but still scrubbed my scalp with my fingertips so it would hopefully rid my scalp of anything too gross and also promote the sebum... I don't even know what I'm saying I guess. Anyway, I poured the tea over my head which was kind of painful because I'd let it cool quite a bit and it was very chilly.  I left it on while I soaped up and then rinsed it out with tepid water. I have to say that so far this is the worst my hair has felt post-shower, though the tea did make it feel a little smoother than if I'd not used anything. I tried plopping it and once I took the towel off I shook it out and tried to pull it half-back, got frustrated and ended up combing it out. I knew it would look awful when it dried so I wet it again, plopped it again and left it up for awhile. When I took it down it looked all right but I pulled it half-back gently so the curls would hopefully stick in the back a little better. It's still wet but here it is, day 7:



It actually doesn't look bad from the back but once again I just wish the curls would form better. My hair doesn't feel heavy with oil, it actually feels lighter, and maybe that's part of the 'problem,' maybe it's just something I need to get used to.

I am noticing how uneven my hair also is... it's much longer on the left side. Hmmm... I'll stick it out for awhile longer but I just want some curl control.

No comments:

Post a Comment